Sunday, July 5, 2015
QR Codes
For this week's blog entry, I explored different ways to use QR codes in the classroom. I used I-nigma to create a series of QR codes linking ten book titles from the Virginia Readers' Choice list with Youtube book trailers. My graphic is bookmark teachers or librarians can share with students. Using a mobile device, students can then watch the trailers in the library and check-out the books if interested. I also experimented with QR Voice and created a qr code for famous first book sentences. I thought this would make can interesting interactive bulletin board. The QR Treasure Hunt generator seems very promising. I'd like to use this with my students on a Fountain of Youth treasure hunt activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I like the idea of linking the QR codes with the book trailers.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to link each VRC book to a QR code!
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of having a digital bookmark that would allow students to view trailers to see what books they are interested in reading. I could see this becoming a really cool project. Students could create their own book trailers and teachers could create one bookmark with the QR codes to each book trailer. I think it would be neat for students to have access to what their other classmates have created. Also, it's so difficult trying to grade things that students have created on their laptops because computers break so often. Having all the projects in one place where you can visit using a QR code would eliminate technological issues.
ReplyDelete